Sunday, March 25, 2007

What Do I Do For Fun?

Ok. So I've started talking about fun. But before I start exploring the depths of fun, what do I do for fun?

Well, that depends, on a lot of things. If you'd asked me in college, you'd've gotten some answers that I don't think I can put in a family-friendly blog, but those aren't the sort of answers you'll get from me today.

I like baseball games. Going to them, spending an afternoon at the ballpark, especially in August, when the hot dogs have been boiling for 4 months. Don't try to get me to watch the games on TV; it's just not the same.

I like taking my baby for a walk. She's just started walking, so once we hit the sidewalk, I put her down and let her go. She's incredible to watch, as she pokes into everything she sees, and tried to chase dogs. Usually, she gets tired after about 15 minutes, but it's 15 minutes of solid fun.

I like the music of Bruce Springsteen, especially when I'm driving very fast with the windows down and the stereo up. Those things just seem to go together, and to equal fun.

I also like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain. But let's not go there today, shall we?

So let's start exploring fun. Why do we want fun? What does it mean to say, "Let's go have some fun?" And were is the best fun packaged and sold?

No comments: